HOST - Hillsborough Out of School Time Administrative Office
After-school programs emerged in response to a community need: providing a safe, supervised environment for children during the critical hours before and after school. Today, we proudly operate in 135 elementary and middle schools, serving nearly 8,500 students from kindergarten through 8th grade. At the core of our initiative lies the commitment to fostering physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth in every child, setting them on a path to success.
Helping students grow in a safe, educationally enriched, fun environment.
Preparing Students for Life
- Comprehensive Activities: Daily plans include homework assistance, academic enrichment, art, crafts, indoor/outdoor games, and field trips.
- Affordability & Accessibility: We strive to keep our programs affordable with fees approved by the school district. HOST also accepts School Readiness Childcare Certificates.
- Nutrition: A daily snack is provided to all students, ensuring their well-being and readiness to engage in all activities.
- Qualified Staff: Our team comprises district-certified teachers, college students, local high school OJT students, and retired personnel. Each member undergoes rigorous screening and is fingerprinted through the school district’s human resources department.
- Safety First: We take the safety and security of our students seriously. They are always supervised and released only to individuals authorized on their registration form.
Commitment to Fairness
The district remains steadfast in its commitment to fairness and equity. Discrimination in employment terms, conditions, or access to our programs and activities is strictly prohibited, aligning with our Non-Discrimination Statement.
The current enrollment in grades K-8 is 9,200 in 135 HOST school site programs.
LaShawn Johnson, HOST Department Manager
Paul Schale, Technology Program Manager
Cindy Wilkinson, Creative Services Manager
Lakeila Hamilton, Operations Program Manager