Procurement Services Team
The Hillsborough County Public Schools Procurement Services Team welcomes you as a potential supplier of goods and services or as a valued district customer. We appreciate your interest in the educational needs of our students and the time you take to call on us and keep us informed of the products and services you offer.
The Procurement Services Team hopes you will find the information here helpful in "getting things done" with our District. In the following pages you will find information on procurement guidelines, and frequently asked questions. To ensure timely response to questions and for ease of determining who is responsible for a particular commodity or service, we maintain a team-oriented atmosphere throughout the department.
Hillsborough County Public Schools' (HCPS) Procurement Services will be a leading procurement team in efficiency and delivery of quality products.
Hillsborough County Public Schools' (HCPS) Procurement Services will contribute to the delivery of a low cost education by enabling our schools and other departments to obtain quality equipment, goods and services at the best possible value on the basis of competitive bids considering cost, quality, suitability, service, and delivery.
To fulfill our mission, Procurement Services will focus on the following goals:
- purchase as efficiently as possible;
- provide continuous training and education to customers;
- provide knowledgeable advice and consulting;
- identify vendors who meet internal customer needs at reasonable prices;
- process documentation within reasonable timeframes;
- minimize disputes between internal customers and vendors;
- maintain ethical business standards and full legal compliance;
- provide written procedures to assure continuity within the department;
- develop methods to keep abreast of changes/improvements in technology;
- create a work environment that fosters personal, professional and departmental growth;
- encourage employees to question current processes in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- promote and enhance employee morale and camaraderie;
- utilize cohesive teams who work together to produce quality and timely results;
- and prepare for district growth by devising and implementing a long-term plan.
Pursuant to proviso language for the State Board of Education's budget, immediately preceding Item 116, Laws of Florida, the Florida Department of Education began providing access to school district Annual Financial Reports and Summary Budgets on the Transparency Florida website on August 1, 2010.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT/NOTICE: The information on this site is being provided as a service to our customers and to the community. Due to its dynamic nature, we cannot guarantee the information contained herein is current or complete at all times. Every effort has been made to assure its accuracy at the time it was posted. It is not necessarily complete, authoritative, or legally binding.