Welcome to Family and Community Engagement
Message from the Executive Director
Welcome to Family and Community Engagement (FACE)! Our team serves as the lead department for promoting and establishing strong, collaborative and sustainable structures between our schools, families, and community, in support of overall school improvement.
We aim to Accelerate Hillsborough through the implementation of the following key initiatives:
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to district-wide Visitor & Volunteer Services.
- Build the capacity of school administrators, instructional & support staff by creating & offering trainings, tools, tips & technical assistance that strengthens sustainable engagement strategies.
- Cultivate partnerships that support families, education and student achievement through community resources, collaboration, and in-kind donations.
- Establish and promote student mentorship and leadership programs to include: 5,000 Role Models of Excellence and Latinos in Action
- Develop pathways to build family’s capacity to advocate and engage in their children’s education, at home and school, through training and culturally responsive support to include: Power Hour (parent education courses), Parent School Partnership Program, the Parent Engagement District Advisory Council (PEDAC), and African-American, Hispanic and Multicultural Outreach.
Thanks for visiting our webpage! Our team looks forward to working alongside you as our district provides an education and the supports that enable each student to excel as a successful and responsible citizen.
Dr. Felita G. Lewis
Family and Community Engagement
Students Return to School
National Mentoring Month
National Human Trafficking Prevention Month
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday/Non-Student Day
Middle School Report Card Online Distribution
High School Report Card Online Distribution
Elementary School Report Card Online Distribution
Black History Month
Career and Technical Education Month
National PTA Safer Internet Safety Day Celebrations
February 7 - 11