School Meal Benefits

  • Children need healthy meals to learn! Hillsborough County Student Nutrition Services offers healthy meals every school day. 

    STOP - Read the following prior to applying    Before you proceed, please follow this link to find out if your child's school is a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school.  

    Please DO NOT fill out an application if your child attends one of these schools.  

    If you have any other children in your household that are NOT ENROLLED in a CEP school(s), please CONTINUE with this application.


    Download Application Information for Parents: English | Spanish

Frequently Asked Questions with Answers to Assist with the Application Proccess

  • 1. Who can get free or reduced-price meals?

  • 2. Can I apply online?

  • 3. Is the online application available in more than one language?

  • 4. What if I don’t have a computer to complete an online application?

  • 5. Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

  • 6. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?

  • 7. My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?

  • 8. Where can I verify the status of my child’s meal eligibility?

  • 9. How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant, or runaway?

  • 10. I receive WIC. Can my children get free meals?

  • 11. Will the information I give be checked?

  • 12. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?

  • 13. What if I disagree with the decision about my application?

  • 14. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

  • 15. What if my income is not always the same?

  • 16. What if some household members have no income to report?

  • 17. We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?

  • 18. What if there isn’t enough space on the application for my family?

  • 19. I’m a group home administrator. How do I apply for children in my care?

Other Questions?

  • If you have other questions or need help completing your household application for school meal benefits, contact the Healthy Meals Express Application Center at 813-840-7066.

    In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. mail:U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights1400 Independence Avenue, SWWashington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.