Teaching Jobs in Tampa
Join Award-winning Hillsborough County Public Schools
Things have changed in our world because of the Coronavirus, but our need to hire great teachers has not! Our size gives us strength and stability. We have a wide array of school options at every level. We want to find a place for you.
We are actively hiring teachers now for the 2022-2023 school year. View hiring events.
Find out why teaching in Tampa is right for you:
- Starting salaries competitive with every major city in the Southeast
- Best school district in the nation for new employees, according to Forbes’ 2019 list of best workplaces for new college graduates
- Winner of the 2019 CUBE (Council of Urban Boards of Education) Award for Urban School Board Excellence
- Top-notch benefits (for eligible positions) including medical, basic life insurance and participation in the Florida Retirement System
- Teaching incentives of up to $15,000 are available for teaching at our highest-needs schools
- As the USA’s seventh-largest district with 230-plus schools and more than 215,000 students, you can teach in urban, rural and suburban areas
- Professional development and training included at no cost
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Site-based mentors
See what teachers in Tampa are doing already:
- The nation’s No. 1 magnet school, Tampa’s MacFarlane Park Elementary, named by Magnet Schools of America
- At King High, Director of Instrumental Studies, Dr. Dakeyan Graham is Florida’s 2019 Teacher of the Year
- At Robinson High, AP Biology teacher Tiffany Oliver earned a 2019 national honor, the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching
Forbes magazine rates Hillsborough Schools as the Number One high school district in the nation for new college graduates to work. The magazine released a list of best employers in all fields, not just education. Hillsborough Schools made the top 200 alongside a handful of distinguished colleges and universities in the list, compiled by Forbes and market research company Statista to determine which companies new employees liked best.