Who Should I Call First?

  • In Exceptional Student Education (ESE), we want to empower families by providing information and support to promote academic and social success at school. We understand the importance of communication and hope that the steps outlined in this diagram will help you identify your student’s support network and who to contact first to get answers to your questions in an efficient and timely manner.
    FDLRS ESE Parent Liaison

    Steps 1 through 4:  Most questions can be quickly answered by staff at your child's school.   Contact your child's teacher, case manager or ESE contact, therapist, a member of the Student Services Team (Health Services, School Counselor, Social Worker or Psychologist), the Assistant Principal or Principal for help.

    Step 5: Contact the school ESE Regional Supervisor
    Step 6: Contact the district Region Superintendent 


    Remember, no matter where you are in the process, your ESE Parent Liaison can help!

ESE Department Listing