ADMISSIONS AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED IN STUDENT SERVICES FOR ALL OF BREWSTER'S PROGRAMS.
Need to schedule an appointment with a Program Advisor? Need Academic Advising?Call (813) 276-5464 and ask for a Program Advisor.
Steps for Enrollment
- Visit Student Services
- Complete an application
- Submit proof of Standard Approved High School Diploma or GED
- Show Social Security Card
- Complete Florida Residency verification
- FL Driver's License or FL Identification
- FL Vehicle Registration or FL Voter's Registration
- Additional documents may also serve as verification
- Attend Program Orientation
- Check specific program for additional program specific requirements
- Submit valid testing results (if applicable)
The TABE Language/CASAS Goals Reading and Math tests are administered as part of the application process, when applicable. Please see testing exemption information below. TheTABE Language/CASAS Goals Reading and Math tests are by appointment only.
Students must bring their Photo I.D., Social Security Card, and $10.00* to their appointment. Prior to testing, applicants are asked to complete an online registration/application which will send notification to the appropriate Program Advisor. Selected training programs require students to have a standard, approved high school diploma or GED prior to entering.
View specific Program Requirements>>
* The $10.00 test fee can be paid by cash, money order or credit/debit card. A $10.00 use fee is added to all credit/debit card transactions.
As per Florida Statutes 1004.91 and 1008.30, students are exempt from CASAS GOALS Reading, CASAS GOALS Math exit requirements if they:
- Entered 9th grade in a FL public school in the 2003-2004 school year, or any year thereafter, and earned a Florida standard high school diploma.
- Possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher from an accredited post-secondary institution, or
- Currently serve as an active-duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Services.
- Placement into Adult ABE/GED® programs is based on performance and skill level on the TABE test. Applicants must take the TABE prior to registration to ensure proper placement.
- ABE/GED®/ESOL applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Placement into Adult ESOL classes is based on performance and skill level on the CASAS test to determine language proficiency. The CASAS is a pre-entry requirement and is administered at different times throughout the school year.
- Following the admissions test, applicants are assigned to a specific program and/or level based upon test scores.