Technical Program/GED Preparation Testing
TABE 11/12 Language and CASAS GOALS Reading and CASAS GOALS Math Testing are required for GED and AAAE. For Technical Programs, the tests are administered as part of the application process, when applicable. To make an appointment for this testing, please use the following link:
On the day of testing, students must bring the following with them:
- Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card (if one has been issued)
- $10.00 (cash only)
Applicants will also be asked to complete an application on the day of their test. This will send notification to the appropriate Program Advisor.
Testing (AAAE/GED/ESOL CCR - Level 7)
Valid test results are required prior to entry into AAAE Classes, GED Classes, and Level 7 (CCR) of our ESOL class. For Adult Basic Education courses (AAAE, GED, ESOL), the test is valid for one year.
Testing (Technical Programs)
The tests are administered as part of the application process, when applicable. Please see Testing Exemption information below. If you have a question about possible exemptions, please contact your Program Advisor. In addition to test exit requirements, selected training programs require students to have a standard, approved high school diploma or GED prior to entering. To view specific Program Requirements, Click here. For Technical Programs, the testing is valid for two years.
Testing Exemptions As per Florida Statutes 1004.91 and 1008.30, students are exempt from TABE Language, CASAS GOALS Reading, CASAS GOALS Language exit requirements if they:
- Entered 9th grade in a FL public school in the 2003-2004 school year, or any year thereafter, and earned a Florida standard high school diploma.
- Possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher from an accredited post-secondary institution, or
- Currently serve as an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Services.
Steps for Enrollment
- Visit Student Services
- Verify Florida Residency
- Florida Driver’s License or Florida ID
- Florida Vehicle Registration or Voter’s Registration
- Additional documents may also serve as verification
- Show Social Security Card
- Submit Standard, Approved High School Diploma or GED (required for most programs)
- Submit Valid test results (if applicable)
- Attend Program Orientation