Early Childhood Education Points of Interest
- 6 months
- Class Meets: Tuesdays and Thursdays 2 pm - 6 pm at Brewster Technical College
- Childcare Center Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 1 pm
- Estimated Cost
- Entry Level Pay: $9 - $13 per hour
Students receive their Staff Credential by taking the following state mandated exams from The Department of Children and Families Childcare Training
Childcare Facility Rules & Regulations, Child Abuse & Neglect, Child Growth & Development, Health, Safety, & Nutrition, Behavioral Observation & Screening, Preschool Appropriate Practices, and Understanding Developmentally Appropriate Practices and 600 hours of Advanced Early Childhood Training. In addition, they apply for their National CDA and if successful receive the following:
- ECPC (Early Childhood Professional Certificate), National CDA (Child Development Associate).
- Statewide Articulation (Community Colleges in Florida)
Upon successful completion of this program, students enrolling in an Early Childhood Education program are eligible to be rewarded 9 semester hours.
For questions regarding this program, please contact Mrs. Karen Nochella
Gainful Employment Information: Early Childcare Education