Points of Interest
- 12 Months
- Class Meets: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Estimated Cost: Summary Sheet
- Entry Level Pay: $12.50 per hour
Program Director is a state-certified teacher and is a Registered Pharmacy Technician and PTCB certified. Program Instructors are Registered Pharmacy Technicians and are PTCB certified.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Take the Wonderlic test
- Complete a physical exam with proof of immunizations
- FDLE background check and drug screen when requested
- Be able to stand for long periods, lift 40 pounds, work 6.5-8.5 hour shifts
- Possess manual dexterity, fine motor coordination and visual acuity sufficient to use and read syringes
- Learn medication names and reasons for use, review and fill prescriptions and medication orders, create IV products with aseptic technique, perform dosage calculations, utilize Pyxis system, learn and use professionalism skills in clinical site externships.
- Prepare for Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam national certification
Program Success Statistics
Prior Criminal History, Discipline History, Health Care Fraud, or Health History:Prior Criminal History, Discipline History, Health Care Fraud, or Health History
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam (national)
Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Florida Pharmacy Technician Registration Information
Florida Pharmacy Technician Registration FAQs
Statewide Articulation (Community Colleges in Florida)
There is no statewide articulation for this program at the current time.
Our pharmacy program partners with PioneerRx, the top pharmacy management system in the industry. PioneerRx enhances our curriculum with a hands-on approach to learning that simulates the functions and workflow of today’s most innovative pharmacies. For more information, visit https://www.pioneerrx.com/. See how PioneerRx compares to other pharmacy software vendors at http://www.pharmacysoftwarereviews.com/.