- Walker Middle Magnet
Car Line Procedures
With safety as a priority, we have the support of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. Marked and unmarked HCSO cars will be patrolling during morning and afternoon car line. Please be sure to obey all traffic laws; they will be enforced.
These procedures are under review and will be updated before the 2022-2023 school year begins.
- Drop Off video: https://youtu.be/9C6SFfDI1xw
- Pick Up video: https://youtu.be/etFF3chv7SU
- Download /Print: Walker Car Line Procedures
6:15 am – 7:49 am
- Morning HOST Students: drop off at the bus ramp. Families will be provided with a BRIGHT BLUE tag to display for drop off. After 7:50 am HOST students must be dropped off in the regular car line. HOST Information and Registration: https://www.hillsboroughschools.org/host
- Music Practice: drop off at the bus ramp. Families will be provided with a BRIGHT GREEN tag to display for drop off. After 7:50 am music students must be dropped off in the regular car line.
7:40 am – 7:49 am
- Entering Campus: You may enter campus at 7:40 am after the Hammond Elementary drop off is over. Always enter campus through the west entrance closest to Gunn Hwy. The entrance closes to Hammond Elementary is for exiting campus during carline.
7:50 am – 8:25 am
- Drop Off: All students are dropped off in the front circle starting at 7:50am.
- Year 1 Students (6th grade) report to the Cafeteria.
- Year 2 & 3 Students (7th 8th grade) report to the Cafeteria at 8:10am report to the gym
- Families of Students with Special Needs: have been instructed to drop off/pick up students in the area that the buses unload. No other vehicles are permitted in the bus area. They will have a BRIGHT YELLOW car line tag in the vehicle; please allow them to merge and pass as needed.
- Dirt Path & Buses: Do not block or enter the dirt path to the right upon your entry to campus. This area is for our buses, day care providers and families of special needs students with BRIGHT YELLOW car line tag. Please allow them to merge and pass as needed.
- Double Lanes: When waiting in the carline, please create double lanes up to the STOP This reduces the number of cars sitting on North Mobley and Gunn for extended periods.
- No parking: Do not pull into a parking space during car line. Do not park near Hammond Elementary.
- Pull Forward and Come to a Complete Stop: Always pull as far forward as possible during car line. Staff and signage are in place to assist you with proceeding to the appropriate area to stop. If we ask or wave for you to keep moving forward, please do so; your child will meet you there. Come to a complete stop before allowing your student to enter or exit your vehicle.
- Safe Areas to Drop Off/Pick Up: Always drop off students in the car circle. NEVER park or allow your student to exit/enter your vehicle on North Mobley Road. Do NOT park in the parking lot or on the grass on either the Walker or Hammond campus.
- School Business: Parents with school business may park before carline begins or after it ends.
2:50 pm – 3:25 pm (Mondays: 1:50pm – 2:55pm)
- Entering Campus: You may enter campus at 2:50 pm after the Hammond Elementary pick up is over.
3:25 pm – 3:55 pm (Mondays: 2:25pm – 2:55pm)
- Pick Up: Siblings will be picked up at the location of the youngest child.
- Year 1 (6th grade) and Carpool students will be picked up at the front circle.
- Year 2 & 3 (7th & 8th grade) students will be picked up at the bus ramp.
3:55 pm – 6:00 pm (Mondays: 2:25pm – 6:00pm)
- HOST Pick Up: students will be picked up at the bus ramp.
HOST Information and Registration: https://www.hillsboroughschools.org/host
Walker Middle Magnet PTSA hosts a private Facebook group aimed at coordinating transportation options: Walker Middle Magnet Transportation Forum. If you are interested in carpooling, please fill out this PTSA Carpooling Form: http://bit.ly/CarpoolConnection2021-2022 Information gathered from the responses will be posted over the summer so families can connect. For more information contact: email@example.com