Principal/IB Head of School: Heather Holloway
Phone: (813) 631-4726
Fax: (813) 631-4738
Student Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:25 PM
Uniforms: Mandatory Uniforms
Before School Program: Yes
After School Program: Yes
Walker Middle Magnet IB World School is a Hillsborough County Public School located in the northwest corner of Hillsborough County at 8282 N Mobley Road in Odessa, Florida. Walker offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students in grades 6-8. To attend Walker, you must apply for the magnet lottery during the choice application window.
- Florida School of Excellence - top 20% of all middle schools
- National Magnet School of Excellence
- Grade “A” from the State of Florida every year since we became a magnet school in the 2011-2012 school year
- Five Star School - exemplary community involvement
- Florida Power-Library School - an outstanding library program that supports the success of students
Our mission is equipping globally-minded students to think, collaborate and act with care. Our vision is empowering students to take what they have learned and make the world a better place. Our motto is Rigor - Service – Play. Our mascot is the Wolf and the Walker community is the Wolf Pack.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IB MYP) Curriculum is “Best Practice” education that helps students see connections between subjects and overarching ideas. It helps students focus on “How” they learn so they can be successful learners, and it encourages them to ask questions.
The IB Middle Years Programme curriculum framework comprises eight subject groups, providing a broad and balanced education for early adolescents. The eight Required IB MYP Subjects and the district subject names:
- Mathematics (Math)
- Sciences (Science)
- Language and Literature (ELA and Reading)
- Language Acquisition (World Languages)
- Individuals and Societies (World History, Civics, US History)
- Physical and Health Education (PE)
- Arts (Electives)
- Year 1 (Grade 6): Incorporated into Earth/Space Science
- Year 2 (Grade 7): Computer Applications in Business
- Year 3 (Grade 8): Critical Thinking
"Who is Charlie Walker?"
BHM:Charlie Walker Started 1st Black School in NW Hillsborough County
By Dalia Dangerfield Hillsborough County
PUBLISHED 10:58 AM ET Feb. 11, 2020
ODESSA, Fla. — Inside Charlie Walker Middle School in Odessa, history goes unnoticed as diversity sits side by side in classrooms everyday. But the name “Charlie Walker” connects to a different time and a different place just three miles away.
- Charlie Walker started 1st school for blacks in NW Hillsborough
Read the article and watch the video: