- Walker Middle Magnet
School Uniform Policy
Walker Middle Magnet School believes that our uniform policy promotes a positive learning environment and contributes to school spirit and safety.
The Student Uniform shall consist of the following:
“Tops” Only White, Forest Green and Burgundy collared polo shirts shall be worn. White undershirts may be worn underneath, but they must be tucked in. Hoodies, jackets or sweaters are acceptable over the school uniform shirt but must be in conjunction with the district dress code and not cover up the collar of the uniform top.
“Bottoms” Only khaki/beige and black pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, capris, and jumpers may be worn. Hemlines shall be no shorter than fingertip length. There should be no rips/holes. No blue jeans are allowed on any day other than special designated days. All “bottoms” must be worn at the waistline and be a solid color without logos and/or prints of any kind. Short shorts, mini-skirts, yoga-style stretch pants, leggings, and sweatpants are not acceptable. On designated “jeans days”, student may wear blue jeans without rips/holes or print design.
Shoes Shoes shall be worn. Skate tennis shoes and bedroom slippers are unacceptable and not allowed.
Friday Dress Official Walker spirit shirts may be worn on Fridays with uniform bottoms. Student of the Quarter shirts may be worn with blue jeans.
Face Masks Face Masks are optional. Face masks must adhere to the dress code and should not be disruptive to the learning environment.
Procedures for non-compliance with Uniform Policy
All staff members will send students who are out of compliance to the front office starting at 7:50 a.m. All teachers will conduct a uniform check at the beginning of the period. Students should be sent to the office immediately when determined by an adult to be out of uniform or questionable. Once changed, the office will hold non-compliant clothes until the end of day. A pass will be given to the student to return to the office during 8th period at 3:15 pm.
Students will sign a “Dress Code Violation Log” and the student will return to class as soon as possible to resume instruction.
Students may be sent back to class even though a uniform change could not be made. Those students will still be assigned a consequence in the office based on the chart below. These students will be sent back to class with a dress code violation note.
1st Instance: Student is sent to the office to change and receive a warning.
2nd Instance: Student is sent to the office to change and Counselor will call the parent.
3rd Instance: Student is sent to the office to change, Administration will call the parent, and student will be assigned work detail or loss of privilege.
4th Instance: Student is sent to the office to change, Administration will call the parent, and student will be assigned work detail or loss of privilege.
5th Instance: Student is sent to the office to change, Administration will write a referral and student will be assigned ISS for one day.
*This applies to any violation of the dress code policy.
Uniform and Spirit Store Links
- Walker Student Uniforms: The B&B Store will be open on a rolling schedule. All orders will be sent to Walker and you will be notified when to pick up. You are NOT required to purchase a uniform shirt with a logo. https://walkermiddlestudentuniforms1.itemorder.com/sale
- Spirit Store on B&B: https://walkerspiritstore1.itemorder.com/sale
- Walker PTSA Spirit Store: This store can be accessed through the PTSA Website https://walkermiddlemagnetptsa.memberhub.store/store?category=Spirit%20Wear
Notes from PTSA President
- B&B Sports is our distributor.
- The B&B Sports online store is only open on limited dates throughout the year. This store has additional items for sale that are not carried in the WalkerPTSA.com store.
- The WalkerPTSA.com spirit store sells items we have in stock so typically there is a couple of days turn around instead of a couple of weeks. We will be adding a couple of
- NEW spirit shirts and sweatshirts are available NOW