Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Technician (NIGHT class)
The next class will start September 19, 2022.
To request more information and to register for this program, contact:
About the Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Technician Program
The Maintenance and Light Repair Technician program prepares students for entry into Auto Maintenance Technician jobs. Students will learn the skills necessary to successfully perform the most common maintenance and light repair tasks. Students study safety, tools, equipment, shop operations, basic engine fundamentals, and basic technician skills. Students learn to diagnosis, service, and repair:
- electrical/electronic system components, battery, starting, charging, lighting, security, infotainment, and accessory systems
- front and rear suspensions systems, wheel alignment, and wheels and tires
- heating and air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, ventilation, and engine cooling, operating and related control systems
The program prepares students for the ASE Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (G1) certification exam.
600 hours or approximately 9 months
Classes are held Monday through Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
at Plant City Adult School: 1 Raider Pl, Plant City, FL 33563
*subject to change
- High school diploma or GED
- Photo ID/proof of age
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license