Elective Selection for Rising 7th & 8th Graders
Current 6th & 7th graders will choose their electives for 2023-24. Programming sheets will be distributed in homeroom on January 31. Parents should talk with their students about their top four choices and return the signed sheet with their student on Wednesday February 1. Click here to read more about elective choices at Rampello.
There are three electives that need teacher recommendation. Please mark these electives if they are your choice, however the teacher will submit a list of students meeting the criteria for entry (performance in subject, academics & behavior):
- Wind Ensemble needs band director approval for prerequisite musical skills (Mr. Xiong, room 311).
- Journalism 1 (yearbook staff) requires an application and interview with Mrs. King (room 329).
- AVID 2/3 requires an application and interview with Mrs. Thibeaux (room 321).
If a student will be waiving P.E. in favor of an elective, that should be noted on the sheet. P.E. waivers for 23-24 are not yet available, however we will use this information to send home waivers when they are available and schedule students appropriately in the meantime.
Please note that students scoring a Level 1 or 2 on the FAST PM3 reading in May 2023 will be placed in an Intensive Reading course. Students taking Algebra that score a 3 on the FAST PM3 math in May 2023 will be placed in an Algebra support course to ensure their success in this high school math course. These support classes may adjust the available elective choices a student's schedule has in August.
Spring Athletic Dates
- Paperwork due - Friday January 13 - All paperwork is online at PlanetHS.com
- First practice - Monday January 23
- 2/9 - Memorial @ Hillsborough HS 6 p.m.
- 2/14 - Franklin/Ferrell @ Blake HS 6 p.m.
- 2/23 - Sligh @ Chamberlain HS 6 p.m.
- 3/7 - Farnell @ Hillsborough HS 7 p.m. (Boys only, Playoffs)
- Paperwork due - Friday February 24 - All paperwork is online at PlanetHS.com - See help doc here
- First practice - Tuesday March 7
- 3/28 - Stewart @ Blake HS 6 p.m.
- 4/4 - Orange Grove @ Blake HS 6 p.m.
- 4/11 - Memorial @ Hillsborough HS 6 p.m.
- 4/19 - Young @ Blake HS 6 p.m.
- 4/26 - Ferrell/Franklin @ Blake HS 6 p.m.
There are 180 school days in a calendar year. It is now more than ever to ensure that your child is at school on time, for the entire duration for school. Our students learn so much in one day and unfortunately, we are still closing our achievement gap that was created from COVID.
Please view the attached graphic with information about how important good attendance is for your student. Contact our school social worker, Mrs. Counce, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your student's attendance! We would love to help any way we can in helping your student be successful at school!
After Care Programs
Due to staffing shortages in HOST, we wanted to share a list of other aftercare programs we have partnerships with in the surrounding areas. Please see the link below with communication and location information.
Interested in touring Rampello?
Tours are held Thursdays at 9:00 AM.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule yours today!
Check out our school with our Virtual Tour !