AVID: Advancement Via Individual Determination
AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is an in-school academic support program that prepares students for success and ensures students are College and Career ready. AVID targets students who may need extra support in academic classes, help building their confidence, and help building organizational skills.
In this class, students learn how to think critically, build inquiry-based knowledge, get academic help from peers and tutors, and participate in enrichment and motivational activities. Students are not only enrolled in their school’s most rigorous classes, such as Honor courses and High School credit courses, but they also attend the AVID elective class every day.
The goal of AVID is to ensure that ALL students:
· Will succeed in rigorous curriculum.
· Will complete a rigorous college preparatory path.
· Will be a part of mainstream extracurricular activities.
· Will increase their knowledge of post-secondary educational paths.
· Will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in today’s society.
Our every day schedule in compasses the following core skills needed to be successful in a global society.