Read and Earn
Read a SSYRA book, complete an activity, and earn Brag Tags!! Collect 5 - win a fidget, 10 - Spin the Prize Wheel, and ALL 15 - earns you a free lunch with Mrs. Davis at the end of the school year.
Brag Tag Activities:
Complete one activity to show your knowledge of the book. Turn into Mrs. Davis for your Brag Tag of the book title you completed.
- Create an art piece that connects to the book. Write a sentence about what is happening in your picture.
- Write a 3 to 5 sentence summary about the book, include the problem.
- Draw or Write the story structure elements: Characters, Settings, Problem, and Resolution.
- Write a letter to the main character about how you would solve the problem in the book.
- Create a 1 minute or less video about the book. Email to Mrs. Davis at Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org or submit on Canvas.
About the Media Center
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 7:10am - 3:10pm 7:10am - 3:10pm 7:10-3:10pm 7:10am-3:10pm 7:10am - 3:10pm
- All Classes are scheduled for a library checkout once per week.
- Middle School Students will need a pass to enter the Media Center once school starts.
- Middle School students are welcome to check out books in the morning before the first bell.
- Students will need to sign in as they enter the Media Center.
- All students can check out 2 books for 2 weeks.
- Books can be renewed.
- Middle School Students should complete their assigned task on a pass.
- eBooks available for check out using your student number.
- Lost or Damaged books cost: $10.00
- Check with your Teacher to obtain Media Center passes.
- Students should return to class five minutes before the bell for the period.
- Students can use assigned computers to complete assignments.
- Printing is available for students.
- Each Middle School student who enters the Media Center should have a pass unless it is before school.
About Your Library Media Specialist
Hi I'm Mrs. Davis, your Media Specialist. I've been in Hillsborough County since 1999, after I graduated from USF. In my 20+ years with the district I have been a Classroom Teacher, Reading Coach, Academic Intervention Teacher for Reading, an Exceptional Student Education Teacher, and a Media Specialist. My goal is to help students find a love for reading. I look forward to meeting you & learning together in the library!