ABOUT THE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
Parent Services is supported by Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System (FDLRS) and Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS). Our goal is to guide and empower families to become collaborative, effective advocates for their child with special needs by providing information, help, and support to promote academic and social success in school and within the community.
Who is our school social worker?
(813-744-8040 ex. 283)
Social work services strive to enhance the school district’s mission by providing services that strengthen home, school, and community partnerships. Staff actively addresses barriers that interfere with student achievement by bringing people together while creating an environment that is conducive to effective problem solving and learning. The goal of each school social worker is to provide every student with the opportunity to develop to his or her maximum potential.
Services include the following:
• Serves as the liaison between the school, family, and community agencies.
• Provides outreach services to students, parents, and families.
• Refers and helps families access community, medical, mental health, and social welfare services.
• Coordinates services with other agencies to develop a comprehensive service delivery system.
• Consults with the classroom teacher, administrators, and others to provide insight for students and understanding regarding a particular child’s (or group of children’s needs) behavior.
• Completes a comprehensive, diagnostic assessment of the child’s social, emotional, and interpersonal relationships within the school, home and community.
• Serves on the Problems Solving Leadership Team at each school to assist students experiencing attendance, academic, social, emotional, and/or health problems.
• Participates in staffing with local school personnel parents, and appropriate community agency staff to provide coordinated evaluation and planning.
• Advocates ensuring that the child and family’s rights are observed.
• Provides and participates in training programs.
• Encourages an understanding of, and sensitivity to, multicultural values and traditions.
• Participates in professional social work organizations
Armwood Title 1 Night Presentation - 9-14-2021
Project Application Survey (English and Spanish)
School-Parent-Student Compact Survey
Potential Barriers to Parent Engagement Survey