PRINCIPAL / ADMINISTRATOR: Ms. Jaclyn Savino
Fax: (813) 757-9451
Student Hours: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Uniforms: No Uniforms
Before School Program: Yes
Celebrating Our Diversity
Connecting with Plant City's agriculture industry, our school has a 20-acre Land Lab including cattle, a greenhouse, and working farm and gardens.
Our Scholar Quest options include high school credit courses to challenge students. Our "Teach like an Astronaut" lessons from NASA are perfect for students who love science and technology. We embrace our English Language Learners & migrant students with extra support. We empower students with disabilities by participating in our Physical Education and Agriculture classes via our Blended Peer Buddy program.
Our electives engage students in a range of exciting courses, including: Culinary Arts, Computer Science, Robotics, AVID College Readiness, and numerous clubs & sports.
Our Sixth Grade Structure helps students feel at home in their new learning environment.
Turkey Creek Middle School strives to serve the diverse needs of every student.
"Successfully educating & empowering all students today, to make informed choices tomorrow; equipping for the future."
Turkey Creek School originated as a log cabin located near the corner of Turkey Creek &Trapnell Roads and opened in 1863, where it remained for 47 years. In 1903, Turkey Creek combined with Bledsoe and Pleasant Grove Schools, forming one campus southwest of the intersection of Highway 60 and Turkey Creek Road.
The inaugural class of Turkey Creek High School received diplomas in February 1908. In 1909, the school phased in a junior high program. In 1920, the school moved to its present site on Turkey Creek Road. In 1928 senior high school classes began again and the "U-shaped building" constructed in 1938 became the new senior high school building.
By 1960, Turkey Creek Junior-Senior High School had a population consisting of 850 students and 34 teachers. It was considered the largest rural high school in the state. Operating as a "strawberry school" until 1956, Turkey Creek School was not in session during the 3-month winter strawberry picking season. In the 1960s, the south wing of the 300 building, the shop, bandroom and physical education facilities were added. When the new Plant City High School was formed in 1972, Turkey Creek became a junior high school exclusively.
A major fire on October 16, 1973 destroyed the library, several classrooms, and part of the school's offices. This resulted in the construction of a new administration/library building and a building for students with disabilities. A cafeteria, gym, and Science building wing were added in the early 1980s. In August of 1995, Turkey Creek Junior High became Turkey Creek Middle School.
Turkey Creek Middle School underwent an $11 million dollar renovation project during 1997-1998 to accommodate one of the largest middle school populations in the Hillsborough County School district at the time.
Being TURKEY Creek, "Gus the Gobbler" is our proud mascot. Go Gobblers!