PRINCIPAL/ADMINISTRATOR: Ire Carolina
Phone: (813) 276-5569
Fax: (813) 272-2803
Student Hours: 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM
Uniforms: Mandatory Uniforms
Before School Program: Yes
After School Program: Yes
Lomax School initially opened in 1907 as a grammar school to serve students in Northeast Tampa. During its early years, the school was directly connected to the Gilchrist Institute, originally a private school affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. To reflect its origins and association it was named in honor of Thomas Lomax, then Bishop of the AME Zion Church. Lomax has existed as an elementary school, sixth grade center and high school. As of the 2002 school year Lomax Became an Elementary Magnet School of Math, Science, And Technology for students in grades kindergarten through fifth. The school colors are purple and gold and the school mascot is the Florida Panther.