PRINCIPAL/ADMINISTRATOR: Michelle Spagnuolo
Phone: (813) 855-8178
Fax: (813) 356-1597
Student Hours: 7:40 AM to 1:55 PM
Uniforms: Mandatory Uniforms
Before School Program: Yes
After School Program: Yes
A. Leon Lowry Elementary School opened in August of 1992. The school is named in honor of Reverend Dr. A. Leon Lowry, Sr., a gentleman who distinguished himself in the Hillsborough County community, in the state of Florida, and across the nation. His courage and statesmanship, his life’s service to mankind, and his dedication and efforts on behalf of children and education made him a giant in our midst. Dr. Lowry retired from the School Board of Hillsborough County where he served as Chairman of the Board at the request of his fellow Board members. He had also served as pastor of the Beulah Baptist Church of Tampa, Florida.
Dr. Lowry’s involvement in numerous community affairs, his active participation in the quest for knowledge, and his tireless search for excellence are all standards by which his commitment to the community of Tampa can be measured.
We at A. Leon Lowry Elementary School are proud to be the faculty, staff, and students of a school named for such an illustrious and notable individual; one who has served as a beacon of inspiration illuminating and beckoning to all who strive to soar to new heights.