PRINCIPAL/ADMINISTRATOR: Linda D. Drawdy
Phone: (813) 272-3080
Fax: (813) 233-2443
Student Hours: 7:40 AM to 1:55 PM
Uniforms: Mandatory Uniforms
Before School Program: Yes
After School Program: Yes
West Shore Elementary originated as a junior high school and opened during the 1926-27 school year. There is no documentation available as to how the school name was selected so it is assumed that is was named West Shore Elementary because it is located on Westshore Blvd. Administrators who have been assigned to West Shore are as follows: C.R. Allgood, Winifred Horton, Dick Blandy, Eleanor Fisk, Harriet Foundas, Elizabeth Wagner and currently Linda Drawdy. West Shore Elementary went through a major renovation during 1975-76. The renovation included: installation of central heat and air-conditioning, dropped ceilings, carpeted classrooms and new cabinets and counter tops. To meet specifications for handicapped students, the outside of the building was equipped with a ramp. To accommodate such needs in the interior of the building, an elevator was installed. ~West Shore has recently had another major renovation, completed in August of 2009. ~The wood and terrazzo floors that were previously covered with carpet are now restored. Classrooms received new whiteboards, countertops, additional electrical outlets and data drops.