Starting the 2023-2024 school year, incoming 9th-grade Hillsborough County students will be able to attend the Building Construction Academy at Bowers/Whitley.
Bowers/Whitley will be undergoing an exciting transition and renovation, and will:
- Be structured similarly to a traditional high school
- Career-focused clubs
- General education courses and specialized workforce-related electives
Have a smaller student enrollment
- High-tech labs, innovative classrooms, and large equipment
Provide students with:
- Free workforce training
- Mentorship opportunities with industry professionals
- Career exploration opportunities
Transportation will also be provided for students who are accepted into the academy.
Students interested in participating in athletics can do so with their zoned neighborhood school.