If a student tests positive for COVID-19 (Isolate) regardless of vaccination status:
- The parent/guardian or school staff should notify the school nurse.
- Isolate at home for 5 days from the onset of symptoms or positive test result. Day 1 is the day AFTER onset of symptoms or positive test result (Test date only used if asymptomatic). Students can return to school on day 6 if no fever on day 5, and other symptoms have improved.
- Student attendance should be marked "Excused" just as with other illnesses.
- Students will not be mandated to wear facial coverings.
- Hillsborough County Public Schools will comply with K-12 state guidance.
If a student is exposed to someone with COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status:
- Asymptomatic students who are close contacts (exposed) to a COVID-19 positive individual are not required to quarantine if they remain asymptomatic.
- It is recommended after a known exposure, if symptoms develop and the student is not tested, return on day 6 after symptom onset. Students must be fever free 24 hours prior to returning to school