Shine for Success
Our custodial team members are an important part of our school district family— that is why we have begun the process of centralizing our custodial services. Centralizing means changing some of our assignments, training and work schedules to make better use of how we spend our time and energy.
Our shared goals are to make sure our students and staff have clean learning environments, with satisfied employees, using taxpayer dollars wisely.
We will start a pilot with a number of schools and eventually implement the process across our district.
We are working with the HSEF union and involving custodians as we plan and implement these changes and more information will come before the School Board as the process moves forward.
Hillsborough Schools Custodial Operations Department will provide a clean, healthy, safe, and attractive learning environment for students & faculty.
Hillsborough Schools Custodial Operations Department will contribute to preparing students for life by providing thorough, certified, trained personnel and high standard cleaning services through technological advances, quality inspection and assurance, to support staff in achieving desired results.
To reach and sustain goals set forth by Hillsborough Schools, certain measures and benchmarks must be obtained, and major adjustments from previous processes will be implemented.
Benefits for our custodians and our schools from centralization:
- Custodians remain employees of Hillsborough County Public Schools
- All benefits remain in place, including Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Custodians have more opportunities for promotions and advancement
- Standards and expectations are clear and consistent across sites
- Research shows centralization typically improves overall cleanliness and customer satisfaction