- Provides assistance and support in the appropriate use of a variety of technologies for students, teachers, professional staff, and parents.
- Promotes local awareness, identification, acquisition, and effective integration of assistive and adaptive technologies, including testing accommodations
- Facilitates the identification and use of augmentative communication systems
- Promotes the integration of instructional technology with effective teaching, leading to improved learner outcomes
- Supports the use of technology to help students manage their behavior to be successful in the classroom and community
- Provide opportunities to explore equipment, components, and program solutions that may expand learning options for students through the use of new and emerging technologies
- Facilitate the identification and use of technologies that present information and training through distance education options such as interactive video, online courses, and other interactive multimedia methods