AVID is an acronym that stands for Advancement via Individual Determination. AVID is an in-school academic support program that prepares students for college eligibility and success.
The program places students in advanced classes. Not only are students enrolled in the school’s toughest classes, such as honors and Advanced Placement, but also in the AVID elective.
For one period a day, they learn organizational and study skills, work on critical thinking and asking probing questions, get academic help from peers and college tutors during tutorials, and participate in enrichment and motivational activities that make college seem attainable.
For detailed information, contact Camille Blair at email@example.com.
- Decide if this is the program for you.
- Fill out the AVID application.
- Complete the writing prompt.
- Turn in the application and writing sample to Ms. Blair.
- Participate in an oral interview.