We are excited to welcome new kindergarteners to Hillsborough County Public Schools!
We want to make your child's transition to kindergarten as smooth as possible. The transition process starts with school registration! We encourage all families to make sure to complete the registration process BEFORE THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR ENDS!
- View the "Registration Checklist" for a list of documents that you will need to provide or will be asked to complete at the school site. English | Spanish
- Registration is not complete until all steps have been completed and paperwork has been accepted at the school site.
- A parent/legal guardian must be present to complete the registration process and provide the proper documents to the school site where the child will attend.
- Follow our Ready for Kindergarten monthly checklist to make sure your child is ready for Kindergarten!
What do I need to register for kindergarten?
- Birth certificate
- Social security card, if available
- Florida Physical HRS form supplied by a doctor dated within 12 months prior to entry in Florida Schools (first day of school)
- Florida Immunization Record on HRS hard card (form #680) supplied by a doctor
- Two forms of verification of address that prove where you live but are NOT your driver’s license or state-issued ID card (some examples are a utility bill, lease, or a contract to purchase a home)
- If a child lives with someone who is not a parent, you may also need to complete a student resident form, which is available at the school
What is my Attendance Area School (based on my address)?
- What our district calls your “Attendance Area School” is the school that is assigned to you based on your address. You may also hear it called your “zoned” school or “neighborhood” school. To find your Attendance Area School, type your address in the online School Locator.
- We encourage you to come to the Kindergarten Countdown at that school to learn more about kindergarten life at the school. You can also call the school if you have questions about the school or the registration process.
- If you would like your child to attend your Attendance Area School, register in person at the school using the documents you’ll find above under “What do I need to register for kindergarten?”
- Students should be registered by the beginning of June prior to the start of the new school year.
How do I choose to attend a school outside of my Attendance Area?
- Parents are welcome to visit multiple public school Kindergarten Countdown events across our district to explore school options. These options are tuition-free.
- If you are interested in your child attending a school other than your attendance area school for the 2019-2020 school year, you will need to complete a Hillsborough Choice/Magnet application by December 31, 2018. Please check back for the spring application dates if you should miss the December 31, 2018 application deadline.
- If you have questions, contact the Choice Information Line at 813-272-4692.