Magnet Steps to Apply - High
- Learn about the many competitive High School Magnet programs Hillsborough Public Schools offers to students.
- Attend a District Exploration Night or High School Information Night.
- Apply during an open application period.
- Eligibility/Prerequisite Factors:
GPA: grades earned in core subjects from 7th grade and part of 8th grade (language arts, math, science and social studies)
Test scores: standardized test scores from 6th and/or 7th grade
Collegiate Academy, IB, and Middleton applicants: students must have taken and passed Algebra I or Algebra I Honors
- Students applying to magnet programs at Blake High School, please see below for important information.
Arts program applicants - students must submit an application and participate in an audition. Students who meet the academic criteria will be invited to audition for the Arts program.
Urban Teaching Academy (UTA) applicants - students must submit an application and participate in an interview. Students who meet the academic criteria will be invited to interview for the Urban Teaching Academy program.
- Transcripts -
Students who have been continuously enrolled in HCPS in 6th, 7th and 8th grade do not need to submit transcripts.
Students who have not been enrolled continuously enrolled in HCPS in grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade, must submit transcripts in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Notification of results will be communicated via email and phone. If an offer is extended to your child, a response to reserve your seat is required by the deadline date listed in the notification.
If you have questions or need assistance, call the Choice Information Line at (813) 272-4692.
* The high school IB program has a transportation area. However, a family can submit an application for a magnet school outside of their magnet transportation area. Locate which IB school provides transportation.